18-01-2017 - Get warm and cosy with this Moestuin recipe of Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with palm cabbage!
Get warm and cosy with this Moestuin recipe of Jerusalem Artichoke Soup with palm cabbage!
Written by Natascha
It really is winter in the Netherlands: time for warm sweaters and bamboo socks. If those don't keep you warm, you can warm up with this organic Jerusalem Artichoke Soup. We enjoyed eating this soup a lot!
You can find all ingredients for this soup, like the Jerusalem Artichokes (aardperen in Dutch) and palm cabbage, at the Moestuin in Utrecht. Here you'll receive a 10% disount with your DuKo-app. Everything at De Moestuin is organic and much is grown in their own garden. Are you going to buy your ingredients elsewhere? Try to go for organic and local ingredients!
You can find the recipe below, which we adjusted from a recipe from De Moestuin. In the original recipe it's a starter, but together with a salad and some bread it makes a perfect meal.
Ingredients for 4 servings*
- 600 grams Jerusalem Artichoke
- 1 large (red) onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- the juice of half an organic lemon
- 100 grams of palm cabbage
* Try using organic and local ingredients, like we did :)
- Peel and wash the Jerusalem Artichokes and cut them into medium chunks
- Wash the palm cabbage and slice them into thin strips
- Take a large soup pan and fruit the onion
- Add the garlic and fruit till you smell it
- Add the tomatoes and stir fry for 5 minutes
- Add the Jerusalem Artichokes and the vegetable broth, and some salt and pepper to your taste
- Let it boil softly for 30 to 40 minutes, until the Jerusalem Artichokes are soft
- The last 10 minutes, hang a colander with the palm cabbage above the pan and let it steam
- Blend the soup and add the lemon juice
- Stir in the palm cabbage, turn off the heat and let the soup sit for a few minutes
Serve the hot bowls of soup with some salad and bread and enjoy!